Policy CoordinatorApply by 31 December 2020 1800 CET
The European Public Health Alliance (EPHA) is seeking a highly motivated and proactive individual to support EPHA’s advocacy and policy work in the area of health systems strengthening and reform, including EU public health financing and governance, as well as addressing crisis-related gaps in the post-pandemic recovery process. This includes the coordination of relevant EPHA activities at EU and national level, as well as liaising with member organisations, policymakers and civil society partners around broader issues pertaining to the effective implementation of public health funding and initiatives.
The position requires strong organisational and research skills, excellent verbal and written communication abilities, and a developed sense of diplomacy, to liaise with policy stakeholders and health advocates at all levels and across Europe. For our about us page for more information about EPHA.
We offer the chance to join a growing international network of organisations working to improve population health in Europe by reducing health inequalities and shaping policies with huge implications for public health in Europe and beyond.
This will be a 4 days/week position (80%), initially under a 1-year contract (renewal depending on securing further funding). The post is offered in accordance with Belgian national legislation and according to EPHA’s salary grade. All applicants must be qualified and eligible,to work in Belgium without requiring a work visa. We are not able to provide financial assistance to relocate to Brussels.
The role will involve:
- Responsibility for the successful delivery of EPHA deliverables and milestones in the area of health systems strengthening / public health financing
- Monitoring policy developments and researching relevant issues
- Drafting policy documents (briefings, position papers, articles, recommendations, etc.) and presenting them to EPHA’s network of stakeholders
- Organisation and facilitation of meetings and events;
- Liaison and coordination of EPHA members and partners, including civil society, academia, industry and policymakers (EU / national)
- Working in partnership
- Other activities (e.g. supporting fundraising, project management) as assigned
Eligibility – the successful candidate MUST meet all of the following criteria:
- Strong, demonstrable commitment to the EPHA’s vision and values
- A minimum of three years’ professional experience in relevant functions, e.g. drafting policy documents, advocacy, stakeholder liaison, project management
- Excellent organisational skills, meeting strict deadlines, attention to detail
- Experience of event organisation and management;
- Fluent English, excellent communication, presentation and writing skills;
- Tact and diplomacy;
- Independent self-starter with strong interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Enthusiastic about, and respectful of, working within a diverse community;
- Willingness to travel
- Flexibility regarding assigned topics
Please submit applications to email@example.com with the subject ‘POLICY COORDINATOR’.
Please include the following two files as attachments (do not include any other attachments):
- Motivation letter, one page maximum, with filename SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_
- CV, 2 pages maximum, with filename SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_CV
In the motivation letter, candidates are expected to explain how their relevant experience meet the criteria listed under the ‘Eligibility’ section by giving concrete examples..
Closing date for applications
31 December 2020 COB
Interviews will take place in early January. Please note that, due to the high number of expected applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The desired starting date is January/February 2021