Staff Vacancy: Administration & Events Coordinator
About the role
The Administration and Events Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative and operational running of EPHA, ensuring an efficient administration of the Secretariat in Brussels. This will be a full-time role under the supervision of EPHA’s Secretary General and senior managers.
The Administration and Events Coordinator will:
- Contribute to the development of internal administrative and operational policy and procedures
- Analyse and respond to administrative and operational needs, help ensure the effective day-to-day functioning of the office
- Organise events, including travel and accommodation bookings for Board members and member representatives, external parties
- Manage the relationship with EPHA’s suppliers and contractors
- Manage and update the office administration procedures and guidelines
- Support the policy team by coordinating administrative aspects of different project grants and service contracts, EPHA’s internship programme
- Ensure administrative systems and processes are up-to-date, appropriate and relevant
- Support the Secretary General and senior management team on an as-needed basis
Eligibility – the successful candidate MUST meet all of the following criteria:
- Well organised multi-tasker
- 5 years’ experience in an administrative / operational role
- Dynamic, creative and proactive personality
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English, good working knowledge of French or Dutch
- Independent self-starter with strong interpersonal and team-working skills
- Enthusiastic about, and respectful of, working within a diverse community
- Familiarity with the NGO / civil society sector
- Experience of events management
- Interest in project management
This is a full-time contract (contrat durée indéterminée), 37.6 hours per week, starting in Aug/Sep 2018
Full time salary, plus competitive benefits package (according to Belgian standards)
How to apply?
Please send your application to email@example.com, with Subject: Administration & Events Coordinator 2018, including a 1-page motivation letter and a max. 2-page CV (without picture).
In the motivation letter, please illustrate how your experience is relevant to the criteria above, providing concrete examples of involvement in the processes outlined.
Applications not respecting the above requirements will be disregarded.
EPHA is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high number of expected applications, we regret that we can only contact those candidates who will be invited for interview.
Tuesday 16 September 2018, COB