Junior Policy Manager: Access to Medicines
EPHA works to improve health and strengthen the voice of public health in Europe. EPHA’s work on access to medicines promotes transparency, accountability and the public interest in the field of pharmaceuticals and aims to guarantee better and affordable medicines for Europe. EPHA also hosts the European Alliance for Responsible R&D and Affordable Medicines, a civil society coalition gathering consumer, patient and public health organisations calling for the creation of an R&D system that is driven by public health needs and delivers medicines that are universally accessible and affordable.
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive individual to support its work on Access to Medicines, and build synergies with the European Alliance for Responsible R&D and Affordable Medicines. We offer the chance to join a Europe’s leading NGO working to support public health, to interact with a unique international network of organisations campaigning for equitable access to affordable medicines and to help shape policies with huge implications for public health in Europe and beyond.
The successful candidate will have experience in policy and advocacy, preferably in access to medicines, access to universal healthcare. Additional experience in member organisations or with the coordination of networks or coalitions is highly desirable.
- Support the delivery of the Access to Medicines activities, including the work of the European Alliance for Responsible R&D and Affordable Medicines;
- Liaise with stakeholders and partners, including NGOs, policymakers and others, and support smart collaborations with potential allies;
- Organise and facilitate meetings and events, both online and physical;
- Support policy and research work, including the drafting of articles, statements, letters and input for consultations;
- Contribute to identifying advocacy, policy and funding opportunities;
- Liaise with the communications team to ensure and raise the visibility of the Access to Medicines work, including by providing input into social media messages, website content, press releases, etc.
- Liaise and collaborate with other EPHA team members to support the work of Access to Medicines and its synergies with other policy areas and clusters (for example, health inequalities, antimicrobial resistance).
The successful candidate MUST meet the following criteria:
- Interested and knowledgeable about functioning of European institutions and EU policy processes
- Dynamic and pro-active, with experience of advocacy (including strategic planning and implementation) and/or campaigning/activism;
- Quick learner, able to understand the big picture and make connections;
- Dynamic self-starter with excellent interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Enthusiastic about, and respectful of, working within a diverse community;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English;
- Willingness to travel (when allowed again)
In addition, desirable criteria include:
- Experience in project management, drafting budgets and fundraising activities;
- Experience in drafting and editing communications materials and website management;
- The ability to speak at least one other EU language fluently;
- Academic qualifications in public health, public policy, or health economics.
- A network of contacts at EU level
- Full-time position, based in Brussels, Belgium
- 1 year contract with possibility of extension (funding permitted)
- Salary within a range of 43,000 – 58.000 Euros gross/annum plus benefits
- The opportunity to gain professional experience in a multicultural organisation
- Mentorship and network opportunities in the access to medicines community
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter describing your motivation for this position and how your skills, qualifications and experience match the above-mentioned criteria, to email@example.com. Please state “Junior Manager Access to Medicines” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of the selection process and invited for an online interview.
- Deadline: 5 December 2021
- Interviews will take place in mid-December
- Foreseen starting date: as soon as possible (January)