Senior Policy Manager for Global HealthApply by 31 August 2022 I 23:59 CEST
EPHA is a change agent – Europe’s leading NGO alliance advocating for better health. We bring together the public health community to provide thought leadership and enable change; to build public health capacity to deliver equitable solutions to European public health challenges, such as air pollution, more affordable medicines, and the need for health-enabling food systems, to improve health and reduce health inequalities. As a member-led organisation, made up of public health NGOs, patient groups, health professionals and disease groups, we work with relevant policy and decision makers to strengthen the voice of public health in Europe.
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive professional to lead our dynamic and versatile public interest advocacy on global health. Our Global public health cluster focuses on tackling global threats, with an objective to avert serious health crises and ensure policy coherence between public health and other policies affecting health. It covers topics such as climate emergency and health, including mitigation and adaptation policies, indoor and outdoor air and noise pollution, but also preparedness, prevention and response to cross-border health crises, including pandemics and antimicrobial resistance.
We offer the chance to join Europe’s leading public health NGO to interact with a wide range of national and European policy stakeholders, and to help design and implement advocacy strategies, campaigns, and research to shape policies with Europe-wide impact.
The successful candidate will have solid experience in policy and a strong track record in advocacy ideally within the global health realm.
- Leading global health policy cluster including:
- strategic planning and coordination;
- engaging with relevant European policy developments;
- managing projects (including budgets and reporting);
- liaising with EPHA colleagues working in other policy areas to ensure alignment across clusters;
- liaising with EPHA members and facilitate relevant EPHA working groups;
- liaising with stakeholders and partners, including NGOs, policymakers and others, and support smart collaborations with potential allies;
- collaborating with the communications team to ensure and raise the visibility of EPHA’s activities;
- supervising (junior) managers and trainees within the cluster;
- Contributing to EPHA’s strategy, goals and objectives;
- Developing and delivering EPHA’s Global Health Cluster workplan;
- Supporting EPHA’s funding and sustainability efforts and membership development;
- Actively encouraging team development and cohesion;
- Representing EPHA externally,
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Strong, demonstrable commitment to the EPHA’s vision and values;
- Excellent knowledge of/strong affinity with EU public health policy;
- Dynamic and pro-active, with convincing experience in advocacy (including strategic planning and implementation) and/or campaigning;
- At least a master’s degree in relevant area, a PhD is an advantage;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in public health policy and advocacy;
- Strong leadership skills that allow for leading teams and projects and representing EPHA externally;
- Good organisational skills, ability to meet strict deadlines, attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English, additional languages are an advantage;
- Enthusiastic about, and respectful of, working within a diverse community;
- Eligible and able to work in Belgium.
What we offer:
- Full-time position, based in Brussels, Belgium;
- 1 year contract with possibility of extension (funding permitted);
- Salary within a range of 50.000 – 52.000€ gross/annum plus benefits;
- Flexible working conditions;
- The opportunity to contribute to a policy strategy in a leading NGO.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter describing your motivation for this position and how your skills, qualifications and experience match the above-mentioned criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “SPM Global Health” in the subject line.
Due to high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of the selection process and invited for an online interview.
- Deadline: 31 August 2022, 23:59 CEST
- Interviews will take place in September
- Foreseen starting date: as soon as possible