The European Commission is currently evaluating the European Alcohol Strategy to support Member States in reducing alcohol-related harm. Eurocare An EPHA member expert on alcohol-related issues, has published their recommendations on a future EU Alcohol Strategy, covering the period 2013-2020.
The recommendations are formulated around a number of priority areas:
– regulation of marketing,
– price and taxation,
– consumer protection including consumer information,
– public safety and harm to others,
– social inclusion and equity in health,
– prevention (focus on the workplace),
– treatment and early interventions,
– data and evidence base.
For further information, visit Eurocare website.