EPHA is an international non-profit association registered in Belgium. Our membership is composed of not-for-profit organisations working on all aspects of public health.
– All of EPHA in 4 pages – EPHA leaflet
Who are we?
EPHA is a change agent – Europe’s leading NGO advocating for better health. We are a dynamic member-led organisation, made up of public health NGOs, patient groups, health professionals, and disease groups working together to improve health and strengthen the voice of public health in Europe.
Our mission is to bring together the public health community to provide thought leadership and facilitate change; to build public health capacity to deliver equitable solutions to European public health challenges, to improve health and reduce health inequalities.
Our vision is of a Europe with universal good health and well-being, where all have access to a sustainable and high quality health system: A Europe whose policies and practices contribute to health, both within and beyond its borders.
What are our values?
– Equity – Solidarity
– Sustainability – Universality
– Diversity – Good governance
What do we do?
– We monitor the policy making process within the EU institutions and support the flow of information on health promotion and public health policy developments amongst all interested players including: politicians, civil servants, NGOs, stakeholders and the public;
– We promote greater awareness amongst European citizens and NGOs about policy developments and programme initiatives that effect the health of those living in the EU, allowing them to contribute to the policy making process;
– We train, mentor and support NGOs and health actors to engage with the EU, particularly local organisations, those working with disadvantaged communities and in central and Eastern Europe;
– We participate in policy debates and stakeholder dialogues to raise the profile of health in all policy areas, supporting collaboration and partnerships between non-governmental organisations and other organisations active at European, national and local level on health promotion and public health.